It’s the first of November (holy cow how did that even happen ?!), time to reflect on this months progress. But before we get too far– I’ll show you the year to date loss:
So lets get a number of things out of the way(because I know you’re going to ask):
- January and February were months that I was not on a ketogenic diet.
- March was the first month of the keto diet. A lot of that 18.6 pounds was water weight.
- July was an exceptionally busy month with Vacations/Weddings/and Travel. I was Keto the whole time, but wasn’t strict.
Okay, now that that’s out of the way, lets talk about this month. I lost 4.2 pounds this month. If you’ve been following me for the last month you’ll know that the beginning of this month was hard on me. I was eating a lot of low carb substitutes for high carb foods, not really feeling like myself, and struggling to track macros. Anyway, the first two weeks of October I gained 9 pounds. On October 16th, I recommitted myself to another 100 days straight of a ketogenic diet. For me, this means: Under 25 total carbs, high fat, and limited low carb substitutes for high carb foods. I also have been dabbling in Dairy free keto, which has helped me clean up my diet. So from the 16th to the 31st, I was able to lose the 9 pounds I gained this month, plus an additional 4.2 pounds.
I’m absolutely thrilled with these results. Now, I could be sad that October’s number doesn’t say -14.2, if I hadn’t gained 9 pounds in the beginning. But you know, life happens. I have no one but myself to “blame” for gaining those 9 pounds, and you know, I’m not even blaming myself. It happened, its done, and now I’m moving forward. I’m thrilled with the 4.2 pounds for a number of reasons.
- I’m the lowest weight I can remember in my adult life.
- I’m the most fit I’ve been in my adult life
- I’m feeling the thinnest I’ve ever been
- I’m discovering “my best” keto. (this just means 25 g total carbs and 80% fat)
As you know from Monday’s post, I plan to keep up 25 g total carbs, and 80% fat. I also plan to continue dairy free for at least another week.
Next Months Goal:
- Continue my 100 Day Challenge
- 100 Day Challenge started October 16th and runs until January 28th (my birthday)
- This means 100 consecutive days of a ketogenic diet.
- Lose 8 pounds.
- This should be attainable – 2 lbs per week
- Conquer Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving on Keto
- Low carb, but I won’t be tracking my macros
- Listening to my hunger cues.
- I will allow myself to make a low carb substitute for high carb food.
- The next day, I will get back to strict keto.
What are you goals for November?